Translate

Monday, July 2, 2012

Awkwardness in Public (This Could be You, It Already is Me)

Do you find yourself stumbling into awkward conversations here and there as you try to make pleasant small talk with various people? And do these conversations leave you wishing for something more substantial? Is it that you feel that you're always just skimming the surface and never reaching the actual person - or that you're sort of putting on an act as it were and not revealing your true self? And has it always been this way for millions of people navigating their way from one shallow, meaningless conversation to the next, ending up out of breath and somewhat traumatized. Do I exaggerate here? Very well then...


2 comments:

Jon said...

I think it's unusual, as you say to stumble into a meaningful conversation. In part, I think it's that people aren't prepared to speak sincerely without the level of trust that comes from knowing the other person well. But, also, I can see from this blog that you're interested in art and literature, and you are original in your thinking. This is great, in my view; but it also separates you from the average person you're likely to stumble into.

I've stumbled onto your blog and like it very much.

T.W.S. said...

Thank you (very much) for the kind words. I greatly appreciate positive/encouraging remarks in a blogosphere where "snarks" sometimes reign. (I have a post on that as well.) I'm always curious what motivates people to write or blog as the case may be. I've tried to limit myself to discussions of literature, art, philosophy and current events...